Volume 8 Num. 3 - October 2008
Learning strategies and academic achievement of university students
Volume 8 Num. 3 - October 2008 - Pages 401-412
Eduardo Mart?n , Luis A. Garc?a , ?ngela Torbay , Teresa Rodr?guez
In this study, we analysed the relationship between the use of learning strategies and academic achievement using three different indicators: The attempt rate (credits attempted over credits registered for), the efficiency rate (credits passed over credits registered for), and success rate (credits passed over credits attempted). The results obtained from a sample of 749 university students show differences according to the indicator used. Whereas the attempt and efficiency rate are related to the use of strategies that promote self-regulated learning, the success rate, as well as being related to these strategies, is also related to a deeper cognitive
processing and the search for the applicability of the material being studied. These results
are discussed in connection with previous research and their implication for university
learning strategies, academic achievement, indicators of achievement, university students.
More articles in this volume
- [275-276] Presentation of the Series Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the book, Verbal Behavior, B.F. Skinner
- [277-285] Skinner?s Verbal Behavior In a New Century
- [279-285] An Orderly Arrangement of Well-Known Facts: Retrospective Review of B. F. Skinner?s Verbal Behavior
- [287-294] Skinner?s Verbal Behavior
- [295-307] On Skinner?s Definition of Verbal Behavior
- [309-322] Conditioning the Behavior of the Listener
- [323-334] Verbal Behavior of BF Skinner: a retrospective analysis
- [335-350] A Behavior Analytic Interpretation of Theory of Mind
- [351-362] Language Is Complex
- [363-386] The Ontogenetic Selection of Verbal Capabilities: Contributions of Skinner?s Verbal Behavior Theory to a More Comprehensive Understanding of Language
- [387-399] Cognitive distortions and treatment success in pathological gambling
- [413-430] A Proposal to Measure a Modulator of the Experience of Enjoyment: The Gaudiebility Scale
- [431-440] Aggressiveness and coping in adolescence. An intercultural perspective.
- [441-452] Effects of an intervention program for improving social competence among Primary Education students from Bolivia.