Volume 19 Num. 2 - June 2019
Peculiarities of the motivating needs sphere of TV viewers with different television preferences
Volume 19 Num. 2 - June 2019 - Pages 217-227
Oksana Zazymko , Olena Skulovatova , Viktoriia Staryk , Iryna Tonkonoh
The study explore television influence as one of the most powerful translators of the mankind socio-cultural needs of a personality, in a sample of 1030 participants aged 18 to 35 years. Within the framework of the study five TV programs blocks, which have been allocated according to the audience’s interest criterion. Clarification of the differences in the emotional orientation of the defined segments allowed to characterize the peculiarities of their motivating needs. It was determined that the segment of the entertaining television programs block is characterized by the desire to feel bodily-emotional comfort, accumulation of material wealth and lack of the desire for communication; the segment of the contemplative block is very similar to the first one, but they are different with their latent desire for self-realization in communication; the segment of the activity-related block does not want to experience any emotions; the cognitive segment, conversely, wants to experience emotions of all kinds, except for hedonistic and acquisition; for the segment of the informational block the acquisition emotions are the most desirable, knowledge or information accumulation are unwanted. The results of this study can be used to correct the viewing content and to develop new television projects with a view to their positive impact on the personality formation.
How to cite this paper: Zazymko O, Skulovatova O, Staryk V, & Tonkonoh, I (2019). Peculiarities of the motivating needs sphere of TV viewers with different television preferences. International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy, 19, 2, 217-227.
television preferences, emotional orientation, motivating needs, personality.
More articles in this volume
- [131-140] Interpersonal Closeness and Conflict in Interbehavioral Perspective
- [163-172] Effective Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Treatment for Ethnic Minorities
- [191-202] Measuring the attitudes from Spanish and Catalan people toward Spanish and Catalan Identity with the Implicit Relational Assessment Procedure
- [203-215] Emerging Adulthood and Parent-Child Communication: A validation study with Perception Scale of Parenting Communication
- [239-249] The Affective Gallery: A Naturalistic Exploration of the Relationship Between Attentional Bias and Depressive Symptoms