Volume 12 Num. 2 - June 2012
Experiential Avoidance in Clinical and Non-Clinical Samples: AAQ-II Portuguese Version
Volume 12 Num. 2 - June 2012 - Pages 139-156
José Pinto-Gouveia , Sónia Gregório , Alexandra Dinis , Ana Xavier
The aim of the following paper was to adapt and validate the Portuguese version of the Acceptance and Action Questionnaire- II (AAQ-II), which measures Psychological Flexibility/Inflexibility, central components in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. We assessed the psychometric properties of this scale in both general population and clinical samples. Exploratory Factor Analysis supported a single-factor structure with seven items and results from a Confirmatory Factor Analysis showed the goodness of fit of the model. This version also demonstrated a good level of internal consistency and good convergent and discriminant validity. Overall, the results stressed out that this Portuguese version of AAQ-II is a consistent and valid scale.
AAQ-II, psychological inflexibility, factor analysis
More articles in this volume
- [127-138] Single versus Multi-Sentence Paradigm as a Method of Stress Induction
- [157-172] Interference of direct and derived suppression on a high cognitive demand task.
- [173-184] Social Relations, Psychological Variables and Adherence Behaviors in Adults with HIV.
- [185-202] Hyperactivity-impulsivity and attention deficit as predictors of involvement in school violence situations.
- [203-218] Shame memories and psychopathology in adolescence: The mediator effect of shame
- [219-244] Construct of Emotional Labour and its Relationships with Burnout
- [245-260] Session quality, task adjustment, and effectiveness of therapeutic sessions
- [261-275] A review of the applications of the paradigm of equivalence classes
- [277-287] A Comparative Study on Social Skills in Students of Psychology
- [289-298] Report on the 2010 & 2011 Impact Factor of IJP&PT IJP&PT