Volume 10 Num. 3 - October 2010
Memory Alterations in the Euthymic Phase of Adolescent Onset Bipolar Disorder: A Two-case Report.
Volume 10 Num. 3 - October 2010 - Pages 489-498
Juan Antonio Becerra Garc
Multiple cognitive disturbances are typical of bipolar disorder (BD), between them of memory. The memory deficits in the different phases, including euthymia, of adult patients they are well studied, whereas in children and adolescent diagnosed with BD the study of memory is an area of recent interest. A review of studies on the performance in memory in pediatric BD show that this capacity is specially affected and that the studies in phases of euthymia of the pediatric BD are scanty. This way, the aim of the present work is to study the principal alterations of memory, in the euthymic phase, of two cases of adolescent bipolar disorder. The obtained results point at a widespread deficit of the studied capacities of memory, being more marked in visual delayed memory, visual working memory and immediate and delayed recall of verbal material This information is consistent with the literature and shows that memory as a variable of importance in bipolar patients of early ages, being desirable studies with major statistical power to obtain a profile of performance and others that delimit the role of this capacity in the disorder.
bipolar disorder, adolescence, euthymia, memory.
More articles in this volume
- [349-362] Two Temperamental Characteristics, Approach and Inhibition/Fear, and Saccadic Responses in Infancy
- [363-385] Theory of Mind in Young People with Down?s Syndrome
- [387-402] Implementation of the Personal and Social Responsibility Model to Improve Self-Efficacy during Physical Education Classes for Primary School Children
- [403-413] Spontaneous Recovery as a Dynamic Average of Previous Experiences in Human Instrumental Conditioning
- [415-426] The Impact of Perceived Therapist Characteristics on Patients Decision to Return or Not Return for More Sessions
- [427-437] Variables related to violent behavior in the school according to the students
- [439-451] Psychology of Meditation and Health: Present Status and Future Directions
- [453-474] Measuring Adolescents? Smoking-related Social Identity Preferences with the Implicit Relational Assessment Procedure (IRAP) for the First Time: A Starting Point that Explains Later IRAP Evolutions
- [475-488] The Role of Experiential Avoidance in the Performance on a High Cognitive Demand Task
- [499-512] Intergenerational Differences in Materialism and Postmaterialism Values in a Spanish Sample
- [513-520] Report on the 2009 Impact Factor of International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy